All original content is Copyright © Ancient City Con 2007-
2. Keep all content in your performance to PG standards. No explicit sexual jokes, nudity, profanity, or excessive violence. We need to keep it clean since all ages come to this type of event.
3. Performances will be timed. They can only be 3 minutes and 30 seconds or less.
4. Skits and performances may include audio. Bring a thumb drive with 1 song file in a common format (mp3, wave) which will be played at the start of your skit or a digital music player (iPod etc) with the file queued up and ready to go. In all cases, the 3 ½ minute limit will be observed.
5. Participants may enter as individuals or as groups, but may only enter once. IE, you may NOT enter individually and as part of a group.
6. Each participant or group may opt to walk and pose or to do a skit or performance. Judging will not inherently favor one option or the other.
7. Each participant, whether single or member of a group, can win any awards they are eligible for. Participants are required to properly indicate some requirements on their signup sheets to be eligible: examples ages of participants and the 50% found object requirements.
Cosplay Of Champions celebrates and rewards creativity, risk taking, courage, innovation and good sportsmanship. We ask that all participants also celebrate these traits in their fellow champions and comport themselves with grace in competition, victory and defeat.
5. Failure to follow the rules will disqualify you from the contest at the discretion of the Ancient City Con Staff.
COSPLAY CHAMPION – Best in show.
ENSEMBLE OF AWESOME – Best Duo or Group (2+ members) whose costumes create something greater than the sum of their parts.
FUTURE CHAMPION – Best costume for a participant 12 or younger
NINJA SKILLZ – Participant best exemplifying the way of the ninja.
INTERPRETIVE COSPLAY -
FOUND OBJECT/DIY COSPLAY – Best costume using more than 50% repurposed objects such as drapes, plastic bottles, card board boxes, and other“found” objects.
CARL MACEK WOULDN’T HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT – An award for the most creative and interesting fusion of Anime themes and designs along with themes and designs from pop cultural sources. This category is intentional vague and open to creativity; to be something the late Carl Macek wouldn’t have thought of will take original thinking.
BEST. FANFIC. EVER. – An award for the best skit or presentation which conveys the most awesomely bad piece of fan fiction ever.
Additional spot award certificates may be given for creative entries not fitting the above categories.
Any questions regarding the Cosplay Contest? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org